Senior Scala Engineer
Posted 3 months ago
$140,000 - $150,000
Gravy Analytics is looking for a Senior Java/Scala Engineer
to join their team in disrupting the world of consumer intelligence. Gravy, an established startup headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, is expanding their product development team. Their intelligence platform uses geo signals to identify consumer interests, providing clients with valuable and real-world consumer insights. In this role you will assist in development of batch process and business logic for their core platform, which processes tens of billions of location signal data points each day, including simple to complex algorithm development. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background programming in Scala and/or Java 8, as well as experience creating new databases, modifying existing databases and manipulating data within those databases. Their team utilizes technologies such as Java 8, Scala, Redis, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Spark & AWS.
Does This Describe You?
- You have at least 5 years of overall development experience
- Proficient with Java 8 with at least 2 years of production experience
- Experience with Scala and big data technologies, such as Spark and Hadoop are a plus!
- Experienced in either SQL or NoSQL databases and enjoy working with both
- Bonus points - you have product company and/or startup experience!
Located just off route 28 and less than a mile from Dulles Town Center, employees have everything they need at their fingertips: multiple restaurants, two gyms (including Sportrock Climbing Center), Best Buy, Sam’s Club, Lowe’s, and more.